Growth through acquisition in the Wealth Management sector
As platform technology [and other factors including lack of succession and an increasing regulatory and compliance burden] has driven greater efficiencies in the Wealth Management space, the sector is experiencing a flurry of mergers and acquisitions as firms seek to drive growth and capitalise on efficiencies of scale.
Our experienced Corporate Lending Team can arrange flexible finance solutions to fund your merger or acquisition through a tailored debt package that sits alongside any equity funding. We assess every enquiry individually and work with advisors, accountants and firms to create bespoke solutions that enable you to achieve your ambition.
The drivers for consolidation in the Wealth Management space
- Much of the sector is made up of smaller, sub 5 advisor firms, which leads to fragmentation
- Platform technology has created an opportunity to consolidate portfolios
- An increased compliance environment presents high barriers to new market participants
- Conversely, this has also created opportunities to drive efficiencies of scale
What we look for in a Wealth Management deal
As an experienced provider of debt finance in the Wealth Management space, we’re uniquely positioned to support high-calibre managements teams to execute on their growth strategies through merging and acquiring complimentary portfolios.
- Meaningful Equity contribution to support the transaction
- Credible and experienced management team with a complimentary investment strategy and cultural fit
- Strong financial reporting
- Demonstratable compliance record and FCA approval for change of control
- Defined strategy for retention of customer base to mitigate any key relationship dependencies
- A strategy of cultural integration and retention and incentivisation of key staff
Funding for Wealth Management at a glance
Our funding is available for UK based Partnerships operated by a high-calibre management team, seeking debt finance as a component of their funding mix to support a merger or acquisition in the Wealth Management space.
- Loans of £2m to £20m
- Typically a mix of amortising and bullet loan tranches
- Typical term of 5 years
- Requires an appropriate balance of equity to debt to ensure aligned interests
- Can provide initial capital repayment holidays to allow a ‘settling in’ period
- Ability to deliver bespoke, structured facilities, including multi tranche drawdowns, committed and uncommitted follow-on funding to support growth strategy
- Bespoke solutions with each case assessed individually
The benefits of working with us
- Relationship: A dedicated relationship led approach as part of a smaller portfolio managed by likeminded entrepreneurs who’ll assist you throughout your journey
- Certainty: Support from a team experienced in Wealth Management transactions providing certainty of funding
- Quick decisions with short lines of communication direct to decision-makers
- Flexibility: A tailored and flexible funding structure that is specific to the unique needs of your acquisitio
How do I find out more about Wealth Management finance?
At Shawbrook, we have worked with a number of Wealth Management firms to assist with mergers and acquisitions. Read about how we supported Craven Street Wealth and Corbel Partners with their growth plans.
Looking for something in particular?
Take your business forwards
Find the right specialist finance for your business needs
Speak to an expert
Contact our team to see how we can help you grow your business
Read our latest news
The latest news from our business finance team including case studies, technology updates and more
Wealth Management Enquiry Form
For your safety, please do not send security details such as passwords by email.
Fields marked with an asterisk are mandatory.