Making a complaint, raising a dispute or giving feedback

At Shawbrook, we know things can go wrong sometimes.

If you haven't received the service you expect from us at Shawbrook, or you've been let down by one of the partners we provide finance for, we want to help you resolve things as quickly as we can.

Just need a helping hand?

If you don't want to make a complaint, but still need some help, you might find the answer you need in our help centre. If you need something urgently, please contact us.

Contact Us

Give us feedback

If you simply want to provide feedback and don't want to raise a complaint, our feedback form lets you do that.

We don't respond directly to feedback given on this form. However, all feedback gets reviewed regularly so we can find ways to improve the service we provide.

Give Feedback

If you're unhappy with something we helped you buy

We work with different partners to provide finance to customers. Usually, it's an arrangement where you get the goods or services you want now, and arrange to pay it off over a period of time. This might be called a 'point of sale' loan, or 'partner finance'.

If the supplier arranged finance through Shawbrook, and you're unhappy with the goods or services you have received, you can raise a dispute through us, using our complaint form.

What you need to know before raising a dispute

You may be able to raise a dispute if:

  • The goods or services we financed for you haven't been received, or aren't as described.
  • The installation of a product that we financed for you was not completed with reasonable care and skill, and is unsatisfactory or has caused further damage.
  • The item(s) have developed a fault.

Before you raise a dispute with us, you may wish to give the supplier the chance to put things right first. They're likely to be quicker in addressing your issues. You'll find their details on any order documents or contracts they have provided for you.

If you've already done this (or the supplier has ceased trading), you can raise a dispute through us.


  1. Write a covering letter providing the full details of your claim, which includes any steps taken so far to resolve with the company directly.
  2. Provide any documents received at the point of sale (Quotations, Contracts, Surveys, Inspections, Terms and Conditions etc).
  3. Fill in the complaints form, and upload the covering letter and any supporting documents you have with the form.

Depending on the claim, we may ask for other documents. We'll contact you if we need anything else.

Please upload documents to the form wherever possible. If you want to submit your claim by post, you can do so using the address on this page. If you're sending documents in the post, please send photocopies, not the originals.

Raise a dispute

Once we have received your form we will investigate this in line with our disputes procedure. A copy of this, and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) will be sent to you with our acknowledgment of your dispute.

Make a complaint on behalf of someone else

If you're making a complaint or raising a dispute on behalf of someone else (if you're from a claims management company, or making a complaint on behalf of a family member for example), please use our dedicated third party complaint form.

Make a complaint on behalf of someone else

Making a complaint

If you are unhappy with our service, please let us know.

A leaflet is available which provides details of our customer complaints procedure. We'll send this to you if you ask us, or if you make a complaint.

We value your opinion and take all complaints very seriously. If something has gone wrong we will do whatever we can to put it right. If you'd like to make a complaint, you can contact us, or you can make a complaint by emailing

If you'd prefer to send your complaint to us by post, you can write to us at the following address:

Complaints team
Shawbrook Bank Limited
Lutea House
Warley Hill Business Park
The Drive, Great Warley
CM13 3BE

Using a third party to make your complaint

We treat any complaints raised by a claims management company as if you'd raised it yourself. However, they may charge you a fee for their services.

If you're a customer, you can make a complaint easily, and for free, by emailing

Need some more help?

You have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, free of charge – but you must do so within six months of the date of your final response letter.

If you do not refer your complaint in time, the Ombudsman will not have our permission to consider your complaint and so will only be able to do so in very limited circumstances. For example, if the Ombudsman believes that the delay was as a result of exceptional circumstances. 

Further information can be found at:

The Financial Ombudsman Service
Exchange Tower
E14 9SR 

Free Phone Number: 0800 023 4567
Low Cost Number: 0300 123 9123


Online Dispute Resolution

The European Commission also provides an on-line dispute resolution (ODR) platform which allows consumers to submit their complaint through a central site which will forward the complaint to the right Alternative Dispute Resolution scheme. In relation to Shawbrook Bank this is Financial Ombudsman Service and you contact them directly using the contact details above. For more information about ODR please visit


Customer Complaints

Click below for the customer complaints data for Shawbrook Bank Limited: