How quickly will the funds show in my account and when will I start to earn interest?
- When a cheque is received on a working day and within banking hours, it will be credited to your account on that working day
- When a cheque is received on a non-working day or after banking hours it will be credited to your account on the next working day
- Your cheque deposit will normally clear within six working days although it will start to earn interest from the second working day after it is credited to your account
- It depends on what time you have sent your funds.
- Electronic payments received on a working day will normally be credited into your account on that day and start to earn interest on that day.
Transferring funds from another Shawbrook Savings Account
- Funds transferred between Shawbrook accounts will show as cleared funds and start to earn interest in the destination account on the same working day the transfer takes place. Transfers between Shawbrook accounts will only take place on a working day.
ISA Account Transfers
Interest will be earned when the transfer from your current ISA provider has been received into your account as cleared funds.
Important note: A working day is Monday to Friday, 9am to 5:30pm, excluding English bank holidays.