Last updated: 18 March 2022

Homes for Ukraine

We have prepared the following FAQs to help our customers who may be considering housing a refugee under the UK Government Homes for Ukraine scheme.

Frequently Asked Questions

Yes. The Government is advising people with mortgages on their homes to seek the permission of their mortgage lender. Please call us on 0345 650 6290 and we will grant you the permission you need.

Buy-to-let landlords are able to participate in the scheme and will still need to seek our permission to offer accommodation to a refugee.  Please note that if you are offering a vacant property or a vacant room within a property to a refugee you will be required to continue to service your mortgage in full. You are not permitted to charge any rent.

You can still participate in the scheme and so please call us on the number quoted above and we will grant the permission you need.

The Government has published information on its website: