What happens if I move abroad?

If you become non-resident in the UK or  you are planning to become a non-UK resident for tax purposes, you must inform us as soon as reasonably practical of your intention to do so and in any event, you must inform us before the date you become a non-UK resident. Your account will be closed in line with the terms and conditions of the account. 

ISA Accounts If you hold a Shawbrook ISA and become a non-UK resident, you will not be able to make additional deposits into your Shawbrook ISA and in any given tax year any deposits or subscriptions to a Shawbrook ISA received from the date you became non-resident will be removed from your Shawbrook ISA and returned to you. Those subscriptions cannot be reinstated into your account after tax year end even if you establish that you were a UK resident or you become a UK resident again. 

If we become aware that you have become non-resident in the UK in an earlier tax year, any subscriptions you have made in a tax year after you became non-resident including any income and/or growth relating to those subscriptions will be removed from your account and returned to you.